Custom Joinery and Wrought Ironwork in the Limousin
I am a fully registered artisan and have lived and worked in the Haute-Vienne Department of the Limousin Region of France since 2002. My Forge et Atelier d'Armantioux is close to the towns of Bellac, Le Dorat and Magnac Laval.
The Forge d'Armantioux was originally used to make and repair farm implements as well as the shoeing of oxen for farmers in the Droux area. According to neighbours it had not worked for the last fifty years and the first sound of hammer on anvil was like "music to their ears", bringing back bygone memories.
Today the forge has been restored using the original anvil, forge and hand tools. It is where I carry out all aspects of metalwork and wrought iron using techniques such as welding, brazing, soldering of mild steel, brass, copper and cast iron.
In The Forge I still repair (where possible) any metal items but am mostly involved in the manufacture of steel and wrought iron components, for example:
• window grilles and guards
• indoor and outdoor furniture
• balustrades and handrails
• gates and fences (including automatic gates)
• garden furniture & fixtures, including pergolas and awnings
The Atelier d'Armantioux is a fully equipped joinery workshop able to carry out all aspects of carpentry, joinery and woodwork in hardwoods such as oak, beech, ash, chestnut and various 'bois exotiques' as well as softwoods and board materials.
Projects that I have undertaken include:
• fitted wardrobes and walk-in dressing rooms
• fencing and outdoor partitions
• internal and external doors and frames
• free standing furniture
Along with having other complimentary skills and plus the fact that I work in conjunction with other French registered artisans (electrician and maçon - builder) I am able to undertake all types of external and internal building work, for example:
• bathrooms, shower rooms and toilets
• manufacture and fitting bespoke kitchens, including all plumbing and electrics
• fitting of standard kitchens from suppliers
• floor and wall tiling
• attic conversions including fitting of velux windows, roof insulation,
overboarding, stud walls, fitting of doors and plastering
• parquet or standard tongue and groove hardwood or softwood flooring
• replacement of original windows and doors with double glazed units
Please have a look at my Portfolio Pages and feel free to contact or visit me to discuss your requirements. I look forward to being of assistance to you.
Siret Number: 448 936 476 00010